Forum

The lean budget legacy or how to really score political points

It is no secret that reading or listening to the budget is like going through a 305-item shopping list: As I fought to stay...

Perception

SURESH RAMPHUL Not so long ago An old woman Arrived in a village She didn’t know too well. She met a fruit-seller By the roadside And asked If the social security office Was...

In greater waters

Jeewan Ramlugun  In the hallowed seas of words my insignificance like a minnow I feel.   Revered names of various poets, dead or alive, and their works I scan on the shelves of a bookstore.   I pick...

CHRONIQUE D’UN VOYAGE EN INDE (2) : Le grand temple de Thanjavur, joyau de l’empire des Cholas

Kavinien Karupudayyan  Pour être en mesure de mieux apprécier la beauté des temples du Tamil Nādu, il faut d’abord pouvoir s’imprégner de leur histoire. Parmi...

RUMI — The Great Sufi and Poet

Moomtaz Emrith (Windsor, ON, Canada) RUMI, or by his full name Jalal-Uddin Muhammed Rumi, is the most widely known of the Persian mystics in the West...

Why beige carbs are the ones to avoid

FILTERED BY DR ZOOM Diet tips Reduce: Flour, rice, potatoes, pasta, breakfast cereals and other processed grains White or highly processed brown bread Replace...

In the Name of Allah, Ever Gracious, Ever Merciful EID-UL-FITR : CARRYING ON WITH THE LEGACY OF RAMADAN

For the Muslim believer, Allah (God Almighty) has given him two great celebrations, moments of joy (Eids) in his life: Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Adha. Whereas...

Changing the Economic goal

Half a century gone! My hope would be that the debate triggers a new thinking to face the next fifty years. The humanity journey of...

La plume du cœur

ZIBYA ISSACK La plume du cœur recèle souvent ses intentions et son état d’âme. Derrière son écriture se cache une personne calme, joviale, ironique, ou...

Who are we to JUDGE ?

My heart was thumping with apprehension as I knocked the Canterbury House front door. What awaited me behind those closed doors? One week ago,...

les plus lus